Monday, January 7, 2013

Song in my head...

Do you ever get a song so deeply embedded in your head that you can't even listen to anything else, let alone think about anything else? No? Maybe it's just me. But for me, today, right now, that song is "Home" by Phillip Phillips. No idea why, I don't even own the album...

So while that plays on loop in my head, I thought I'd give a progress report!

Not much new to be said on the first one... But I did a long overdue defragmentation of my computer (after a double backup of everything on it, of course), so now at least the words appear on the screen roughly at the speed at which I type them. And once this post is done, I'll be opening up the latest draft of my discussion section and seeing if I can put together some coherent sentences. Wish me luck!

As far as the more fun resolutions go... I finally finished a knitting project (for myself!) that I started back in July -- the beautiful Guernsey wrap by Brooklyn Tweed, knitted in the FABULOUS Lark yarn from Quince and Co. I had already been drooling over this pattern for awhile before I found this yarn, so I'm super excited!

This project had been on the back burner for awhile as I cranked out gifts, but now it's done! Well, almost done... Just have to wait for it to finish drying on my blocking mats and then I can wrap myself up in 6 feet by 18 inches of all-American woolen goodness :)


And for my coffee resolution, I'm already getting better at pouring rosettas! Not anywhere NEAR as good as some of my coworkers, but we're getting there...

And tomorrow, I'll be heading to the Batdorf and Bronson roastery on the westside to learn all about handbrewing coffee! Yeah, sure, it's nerdy...but that's me!



And for a little something not from my resolution list... I finally went to Pinewood Tippling Room in Decatur on Friday evening to have a few drinks with some folks from work. And now you should all go there, because it's AMAZING. I'd tell you what all I had, but where's the fun in that? Especially because, I'm pretty sure it's all good, so you should just go check it out for yourselves. And if you're as lost as I was when I first looked at the cocktail menu, just flag down one of the awesome bartenders and they'll set you up with something delicious.

2 comments:

  1. Your knitting project is beautiful! Make sure you post a picture of you wearing the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i second these things^!

    and i guess we're both nerdy since i went on the batdorf and bronson roastery tour and it was awesome :)

    ReplyDelete